William's Blog

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Oh fear and dreaded list, please forgive my reluctance to complete your contents

The dreaded new year's resolutions list! Behold the mighty goals that we all wish to accomplish in the next year, and then fall short.
Well, in acknowledgement of this de facto, I will not make a list of new year resolutions. Those don't work. Instead, I will make a plan. A resoution falls short because it has no structure to make it into reality. They will be short-term and long-term goals that I will set a plan for. The list will resemble the following, with the general theme of "be proactive."
Be proactive by handling situations in deeper thought, therefore preventing hasty decisions. Prevent 3 problems and collect $200 as you past go.
Gain visable change in muscle mass (10%) in 1 month by starting a regimen of weight workouts every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Ace my next three tests in the next month by always completing my homework each day before dinner.
Make and keep many more friends in high school before I go off to college in 8 months.
Get a job that pays well and allows for slacking before 4 months past.
I'll think of a better list before the day is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home