William's Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

My writing process

I will start overwriting for my final memo.

My writing has changed over the last semester. I think that it has significantly improved in many ways. We can list it off here.
First, I now approach my writing systematically. I have a type of outline that I follow, and I go about the lines with this plan in mind. This helps me to logically organize my points.
Next, I look at the rubric, and I go about writing to fulfill and surpass these points. I will use this along with my outline for my organization.
I also know that I should start writing spontaneously, and not worry about what goes down on the page, because I will be able to go back and edit once I'm done with a first draft.
An important thing I discovered was to avoid using certain words, such as that and then. These words are often not necessary to transition. Also, I have to be careful using words like I and is, because I tend to repeat those often.

Primarily, then, my writing has visibly improved in terms of the organization, and word usage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home