K-Paxians
Over the weekend, while I was out renting Big Fish, I also decided to pick up a couple other movies I had never seen, but had planned on watching one day. One of them includes K-Pax, which now has been added to my list of favorite movies.
Keven Spacey does a good job of being a K-Paxian. It's interesting to see how he manages to seem to kind of be human, but refute from it every time someone asks. It's also interesting to see the literary ideas that have been hidden inside the movie. KPAX can be considered a satire. For example, Prot (Spacey) quotes a few lines about the human race, saying "its been lucky how you humans have gotten this far." K-Pax seems to be a utopia. It does not have all of the limitations of society that we have placed on ourselves. It is also really interesting how they use light as symbolism, also. Light is so magnificent through a prism, especially an irregular one. The beams shine everywhere at once. What I got out of this is it represents optimism and believing, because it is so apparent in everyday life, yet there are traits of it that we do not understand. Yes, I like K-Paxians. It's too bad they don't exist, because society can use people who are not always confined to their desks. "I have a beam of light to catch."
Keven Spacey does a good job of being a K-Paxian. It's interesting to see how he manages to seem to kind of be human, but refute from it every time someone asks. It's also interesting to see the literary ideas that have been hidden inside the movie. KPAX can be considered a satire. For example, Prot (Spacey) quotes a few lines about the human race, saying "its been lucky how you humans have gotten this far." K-Pax seems to be a utopia. It does not have all of the limitations of society that we have placed on ourselves. It is also really interesting how they use light as symbolism, also. Light is so magnificent through a prism, especially an irregular one. The beams shine everywhere at once. What I got out of this is it represents optimism and believing, because it is so apparent in everyday life, yet there are traits of it that we do not understand. Yes, I like K-Paxians. It's too bad they don't exist, because society can use people who are not always confined to their desks. "I have a beam of light to catch."

2 Comments:
OMG I saw that movie when it first came out. I thought it was a bit weird, but it kept me wondering. I wouldn't put it near the top of my list (or even on the roster) but it's still a pretty good film. It really makes ya think.
By
Stephanie, at 10:01 PM
OMG I saw that movie when it first came out. I thought it was a bit weird, but it kept me wondering. I wouldn't put it near the top of my list (or even on the roster) but it's still a pretty good film. It really makes ya think.
By
Stephanie, at 10:01 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home