What colleges are you looking at?
There has been one particular question that has developed into a big pet peeve of mine, and I prefer not to get asked it. "What colleges are you looking at?" To respond, I usually just off my short list of colleges I applied to, and then I add at the end, "Carleton is my first choice" as if they really cared. However, now, the stupid college application is asking me, "How did your interest in Carleton develop?" Here we go.
As I left Northfield for the road at the end of that cold and cloudy day, I was looking over at the glossy brochures that Carleton had given me. Everyone was happy, the pictures were full of joy, and the sky in the pictures were blue enough to enroach on the particular cloudy day that I had been experiencing. I had been pondering about what made everyone so happy in those pictures. As I was on the road, I continued recalling about the experience I had had on the Fall visit day. Then, I had came to the conclusion. Carleton, I was impressed. The glossy pictures were exactly as it seemed. Why? Everyone around was smiling, and everyone was enjoying their day. Two kids were running around The Bald Spot, chasing leaves as they fell down. The class I sat in was funny to watch as the students fooled around. A couple started waltzing in the middle of a dining hall for no apparent reason. These were the small-everyday things that I noticed. They left their stamp on me- I was hooked on the people at Carleton College. I look foreward to ultimate frizbee on The Bald Spot!
As I left Northfield for the road at the end of that cold and cloudy day, I was looking over at the glossy brochures that Carleton had given me. Everyone was happy, the pictures were full of joy, and the sky in the pictures were blue enough to enroach on the particular cloudy day that I had been experiencing. I had been pondering about what made everyone so happy in those pictures. As I was on the road, I continued recalling about the experience I had had on the Fall visit day. Then, I had came to the conclusion. Carleton, I was impressed. The glossy pictures were exactly as it seemed. Why? Everyone around was smiling, and everyone was enjoying their day. Two kids were running around The Bald Spot, chasing leaves as they fell down. The class I sat in was funny to watch as the students fooled around. A couple started waltzing in the middle of a dining hall for no apparent reason. These were the small-everyday things that I noticed. They left their stamp on me- I was hooked on the people at Carleton College. I look foreward to ultimate frizbee on The Bald Spot!

1 Comments:
This is a nice explanation, William! Are you using it in your application? Because if you are, you used the wrong form of "forward." The one you have is "foreward, which you would use in this sentence: "I loved all of the book, but was especially impressed by the foreward." The one you want is "forward," as in "I look forward to being done with the college application process!"
By
parvoneh, at 5:17 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home