Final Test
A. Would you rather live in the world of the Yellow Wallpaper or The Things They Carried?
I would rather live in the world of the yello wallpaper. Of course, I would probably not be the narrator, but rather, John, who is actually "normal." I would not enjoy being locked up in a room full of yellow wallpaper, and this would probably drive me crazy. Of course, the alternative to a room full of yellow wallpaper is actually psyhiological truama that would most likely come from an experience like one in TTTC. Regardless, both of these choices require you to become crazy, but I think that the yellow wallpaper is less haunting. Or is it?
B. The scariest moment in English (from any year)
The scariest moment in english was probably a disaster scene from last year. Me and Mike had wrote a paper together, and when we went to submit our paper, the disk wouldn't open. We ended up running around, trying to find a solution. Eventually, though, there's a happy ending. we managed to piece together what we had already printed out to form a perfectly good copy of the paper, although the formatting was off. We managed to get an A on the paper.
C. If this class was turned into a magical realism story, who would be real? Who would not be believable?
I think in a sense, the whole class would be barely believable. Quite certainly, I wouldn't have imagined a class like this last year. The stories and the experiences we have all endured all add up the great things we have gotten out of CIS. I think that specifically, it is many events that are not believable, like me in a dress. Certainly, everyone can be real then, but at the same time have unbelievable aspects to them.
I would rather live in the world of the yello wallpaper. Of course, I would probably not be the narrator, but rather, John, who is actually "normal." I would not enjoy being locked up in a room full of yellow wallpaper, and this would probably drive me crazy. Of course, the alternative to a room full of yellow wallpaper is actually psyhiological truama that would most likely come from an experience like one in TTTC. Regardless, both of these choices require you to become crazy, but I think that the yellow wallpaper is less haunting. Or is it?
B. The scariest moment in English (from any year)
The scariest moment in english was probably a disaster scene from last year. Me and Mike had wrote a paper together, and when we went to submit our paper, the disk wouldn't open. We ended up running around, trying to find a solution. Eventually, though, there's a happy ending. we managed to piece together what we had already printed out to form a perfectly good copy of the paper, although the formatting was off. We managed to get an A on the paper.
C. If this class was turned into a magical realism story, who would be real? Who would not be believable?
I think in a sense, the whole class would be barely believable. Quite certainly, I wouldn't have imagined a class like this last year. The stories and the experiences we have all endured all add up the great things we have gotten out of CIS. I think that specifically, it is many events that are not believable, like me in a dress. Certainly, everyone can be real then, but at the same time have unbelievable aspects to them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home