William's Blog

Monday, November 29, 2004

The Second Floor

One of the sets for my narrative includes the second floor of the science museum in St. Paul.
I descended downward and proceeded to explore the second floor. The second floor of the science museum is a peculiar place. It is the second floor for many reasons. It is directly below the main floor, which is the level situated with the entrance to the museum. The "second floor" is the floor in between the main floor and the ground floor. Below this level is the second floor, then the ground floor. The ground floor is the lowest level. From this view the second floor is also a second floor.
The peculiarity of this floor was reflected in the contents the level contains. There are permanent exhibits on one side of the floor, and on the other end was a specialty room that had a robot exhibit. I wondered, why do they have so much to see?
The hour was not improving. You could not tell time on this floor. The weather outside was still dead as before, and the rain continued to come in. How long had I been at the museum? Why was the transition from the previous floor to this floor so slow? Everything was so slow. The only reminder of sunshine was the studio lamp bulbs above that illuminated the premise.
I looked to my left to see the human body exhibit. It was strange, and it seemed to just pop out at me through the murky environment. I proceeded to enter.
"Come on," my brother enthusiastically shouted. "Let's roll."

1 Comments:

  • I descended downward and proceeded to explore the second floor. The second floor of the science museum is a peculiar place. It is the second floor for many reasons. It is directly below the main floor, which is the level situated with the entrance to the museum. The "second floor" is the floor in between the main floor and the ground floor. Below this level is the second floor, then the ground floor. The ground floor is the lowest level. From this view the second floor is also a second floor. ---
    This paragraph is a tad confusing but your descriptions over all is pretty good so keep it up.

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home