The Fog is foggy
I had a chat with The Fog today. He told me that people weren't supposed to be driving around in the morning before break. I really could see the road ahead.
I wondered why Mr. Fog was so secretive today. (Actually, if you get to know him, he's quite secretive usually, but today was an exception.) So I thought about what was behind the wall of fog. Was it nothing? Everything? A gleeming estacsy of light? Or was it just the road. In the end, I was still sleepy, so I decided it was just more miles of road.
Here's the story truth: Mr. Fog decided to drop out the sky today and visit our cozy city early in the morning as to not disturb people with his intrusion. He told himself in a soliloquy with the world, " I'm need to make new friends. So I will embrace all of Brooklyn Park and Champlin in my vast reaches." What happened next was he did what he said, and when people woke up to go to work, they saw his sheer optimism and friendliness. Actually, what they really thought was, "great, more of Fog to deal with today. Hows work going to treat me today, then?"
And so they accused Mr. Fog of making their day a miserable start, and Mr. Fog eventually decided he would float in on another more friendly town to embrace.
"Everyone needs a friend," says Mr. Fog. So he goes back to his sweetheart, Cloud.
The happening truth? Mr. Fog is omniscent; he knows everything. He is one with the air, and he travels where situations are right for him. He knows where he is liked, and He waits for the revelation; when will people accept him the way he is? Why is he always blamed, and why do people stereotype him for bad things like causing accidents? Mr. Fog gleems his estacsy of enshroulding on all, and he exposes himself for all to smash through. No one cares about him- they just accept that he is there. No one does anything anymore. Or did we ever? Foggy skies bring Mr. Fog, and foggy minds tell him to go back to where he came from.
I talked with Mr. Fog today, and I asked him what he wanted. In all the estacsy of fog, he told me something too foggy for me and even him to understand. I think we should try and understand others more. Reach out and grab something- just don't let the fog slip through your hands.
Mr. Fog is a friend to all and a friend of none.
"All we are is dust in the wind."
I wondered why Mr. Fog was so secretive today. (Actually, if you get to know him, he's quite secretive usually, but today was an exception.) So I thought about what was behind the wall of fog. Was it nothing? Everything? A gleeming estacsy of light? Or was it just the road. In the end, I was still sleepy, so I decided it was just more miles of road.
Here's the story truth: Mr. Fog decided to drop out the sky today and visit our cozy city early in the morning as to not disturb people with his intrusion. He told himself in a soliloquy with the world, " I'm need to make new friends. So I will embrace all of Brooklyn Park and Champlin in my vast reaches." What happened next was he did what he said, and when people woke up to go to work, they saw his sheer optimism and friendliness. Actually, what they really thought was, "great, more of Fog to deal with today. Hows work going to treat me today, then?"
And so they accused Mr. Fog of making their day a miserable start, and Mr. Fog eventually decided he would float in on another more friendly town to embrace.
"Everyone needs a friend," says Mr. Fog. So he goes back to his sweetheart, Cloud.
The happening truth? Mr. Fog is omniscent; he knows everything. He is one with the air, and he travels where situations are right for him. He knows where he is liked, and He waits for the revelation; when will people accept him the way he is? Why is he always blamed, and why do people stereotype him for bad things like causing accidents? Mr. Fog gleems his estacsy of enshroulding on all, and he exposes himself for all to smash through. No one cares about him- they just accept that he is there. No one does anything anymore. Or did we ever? Foggy skies bring Mr. Fog, and foggy minds tell him to go back to where he came from.
I talked with Mr. Fog today, and I asked him what he wanted. In all the estacsy of fog, he told me something too foggy for me and even him to understand. I think we should try and understand others more. Reach out and grab something- just don't let the fog slip through your hands.
Mr. Fog is a friend to all and a friend of none.
"All we are is dust in the wind."
3 Comments:
William, you rock. I'm amazed how you can take something as common as fog and actually give it a personality. The last paragraph was my favorite. Really good!
By
Ashley, at 8:11 AM
Great mixture of styles from Green Grass and The Things They Carried. You make it your own with such phrases as "foggy minds".
-Dana
By
Dana, at 7:56 PM
Ooh, William, I like this very much. I love how you personified Mr. Fog, and how you showed how unfairly we tend to treat him.
This:
Foggy skies bring Mr. Fog, and foggy minds tell him to go back to where he came from.is a great line. Very powerful, but without trying to be (which is the best kind of writing, if you ask me!). Story and Happening Truth were great allusions, too!
By
parvoneh, at 6:21 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home